The University of Minnesota Alumni Association's vision is to engage the University of Minnesota’s global community to support and advance the University's excellence.
Read more about our 100+ years of advocacy and involvement.
The Alumni Association home on campus is a stunning piece of architecture with many distinctive features
Staff list, direction to the alumni center and more.
See our public financial documents and more.
A testament to the support and efforts of more than 435,000 alumni, 50,000 students, campus partners, our dedicated staff and our nearly 57,000 members.
Find out more about the volunteers who direct the Alumni Association.
See answers to the most-asked questions about the Alumni Association.
Find information about job openings at the Alumni Association, plus link to the U's main job site.
We respect your privacy. See all the details here.
About the Alumni Association
The University of Minnesota Alumni Association is a member-funded organization that cares about all alumni and deeply values its members who support its mission. Every graduate matters to the U of M alumni association and when students graduate, they’re joining a lifelong community of more than 455,000 people. The mission and values of the U of M Alumni Association offer inclusivity and relevancy to all alumni, regardless of their stage in life.
Through the U of M Alumni Association’s programs and services, we strive to create impact and enrichment to our alumni no matter who or where they are. We, along with our global community of alumni, accomplish this by:
• Career Services
• Supporting professional development
• Sustaining life-long learning and enrichment
• Socializing and fellowship; shared loyalty and love for the U
• Helping other alumni in their personal and professional lives
• Joining the Alumni Association and supporting its mission
• Creating unique access to people, places and events
• Teaching traditions and welcoming them to the U and alumni family
• Speaking in classrooms
• Serving on career panels
• Conducting informational interviews
• Opening doors and networks
• Providing internships and hiring students
• Funding scholarships
• Helping transition to life after graduation
• Serving as inspiration to students aspirations
Strengthening the U
• Advocating for the U
• Making philanthropic gifts
• Providing alumni perspectives and feedback to University leaders
• Showing pride as brand ambassadors
• Volunteering time and talent on behalf of the U
• Representing and promoting the U in the workplace, local communities and online
• Becoming patrons of the U of M arts and athletics (season tickets; attending events)
The University of Minnesota Alumni Association is always growing and adding new ways to help alumni stay connected and enrich their lives. We are able to do this because of the generosity and support we receive from our dues-paying members. Please visit the Membership section of this website to view all the benefits and rewards that come with making the commitment to support everything we do. Whether our alumni are still in school, a recent graduate, or graduated years ago, the Alumni Association offers every single graduate a way to get involved, give back, and get more out of their degree and connection to the U.