Between 2007 and 2012 the University of Minnesota Alumni Association traveled across the state talking about University issues and the U’s impact on our state.
Last updated March 2013 (this program has been discontinued)
Statewide Speakers Tour
The University of Minnesota Alumni Association traveled across Minnesota from 2007-2012 with faculty member and administrators, sharing the U's impact on the state. The University of Minnesota exists more than just on our five campuses. We can be seen in all 87 counties in Minnesota through our many community partnerships, Extension Offices, Research and Outreach Centers, distance learning, medical residency programs, internships, economic impact, and through the 250,000 living alumni who work, play and call Minnesota home.
As the University's reputation improves, so does the value of alumni degrees, strengthening our national brand and in turn, attracting even more talent to our state.
The University of Minnesota is a truly remarkable global university, exceptional beyond what many alumni and citizens realize, and far better than its reputation. From discovering cures and treatments for diseases, to fighting invasive species in Minnesota’s waters, to protecting the nation’s and the world’s food supplies, to working on sustainable energy solutions, our faculty, researchers, students and alumni tackle the state’s—and the world’s—most pressing problems every day.
We also are attracting some of the best high school students in Minnesota, the nation, and world. We received 38,000 applications to Fall 2012 entrance for 5,500 freshman slots. As a group, the incoming Class of 2016, had the highest ACT scores in University history, and nearly two-thirds of them were Minnesotans.
For questions and additional information, contact Mary Kay Delvo, director of advocacy, at email@example.com
Past Tour Programs
- 2011-2012 "The U of M's role in strengthening the civic and economic capacities of Minnesota's communities"
- 2010-2011 "Building and Sustaining a Strong Economy: the University of Minnesota's Unique Role"
- 2009-2010 “Finding Tomorrow’s Answers Today: current children's
health issues and the new University of Minnesota Amplatz Children's
- 2008-2009 "The Ultimate Homecoming... Everything you want to know about the TCF Bank Football Stadium"
- 2007-2008 "Creating Minnesota's Future: How the University impacts Minnesota"
- Read about the tour in former CEO Margaret Sughrue Carlson's column; May-June 2007 issue of Minnesota magazine.
- 2006-2007 "Pride and Spirit Tour: Building support for an on-campus football stadium