New: Greek Alumni Network is getting organized. Find out more here.
College Alumni Societies: Making the Connection
Our 21 college-based alumni societies provide alumni with an important link to the University of Minnesota and to their collegiate unit and its faculty, students and alumni.
Read more about our alumni societies here.
See our college society event calendar here.
List of College Societies
(alphabetical by subject)
Although the objectives of each alumni society may vary, common goals include:
- Communicating with alumni and stimulating interest in the college;
- Acting as an informal advisory board to the dean, faculty and staff to the college;
- Fostering public and community support and providing a means for alumni cooperation to improve the college;
- Honoring outstanding alumni, faculty and students;
- Providing educational and professional programs and services to alumni and students;
- Assisting collegiate fund-raising efforts; and
- Helping to recruit prospective students and improve the student experience.
Alumni Association members automatically become members of their
college's alumni society. Members may select additional societies at no
charge by logging into the Association's Web site and updating your
account. To become a new Alumni Association member, click on the link
for your collegiate society below and click on a link in the "become a
member" section. Your society code will automatically fill in.
Not sure if you're a Alumni Association member? E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
and we'll let you know.
Society Events Calendar
CLA and SJMC Alumni Gathering at Surly Brewing
Join fellow University of Minnesota College of Liberal Arts and School of Journalism and Mass Communication alumni for a social gathering at Surly Brewing Company.
School of Dentistry Alumni Reception at the ADA Annual Session
Alumni and friends of the School of Dentistry are invited to join Dean Leon Assael at a reception during the American Dental Association Annual Session. Location:
Marriott Marquis Washington DC Time:
5:30-7:00pm More Info:
Please contact Emily Best at email@example.com
Jack Allison Memorial Lecture - Program in Physical Therapy
A day-long series of lectures on mobility challenges for physical therapists.
Info: Contact Rich Adamczak firstname.lastname@example.org
Join the College of Education and Human Development Alumni Society for its annual Saturday Scholars event. This year, hear from a wide range of CEHD faculty who are working to understand resilience and risk throughout the lifespan.